Friday, October 24, 2008

My blog has become a weekly update... I will try to be more regular, but my absence has been well spent.
1. Emily has a finished room, I think now we (mom and dad) are dragging our feet to actually put our baby girl in the big bed.
2. All of our bushes, shrubs and their roots have been removed save two really large root/trunk systems that will need equipment that we don't have. (Robert did all of this work 7+ hours and 16 bushes) During this process our home cable was knocked out, I know you are all thinking, did they call the 800-dig one number. We did call and had everything marked. The cable we broke that was interwoven with our 30 year old landscaping was not where the flags or spray paint markings should have placed it. Three long days later we had it fixed. Needless to say Rob and I are a "wired"couple and quite enjoy our Internet time.
3. I painted the kitchen. I did the impossible and painted it cottage red (think brick red) in two coats. Everyone warned me that it would be 5-6 coats if I did not prime, so we used a gray primer over the yellow. I think it makes a really nice change. Now I just need to tackle the downstairs bath.
4. We have also had the lovely privilege of having house guests last weekend and this weekend. We watched the horrible NE vs. ISU game and are hoping for better results Sat night at least our seats are good and we have good company!
5. I have officially started Christmas shopping.

No comments: