Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New fruit among other things

My friend Fariba from work gave me some fruit to take home today. We were talking about persimmons initially, so she sent me home with a really ripe one, and also a pomegranate. I have had both before and really like pomegranate. I recently had a Minute Maid juice that was flavored blueberry pomegranate, so delish. Tonight I was getting dinner ready, I had my usual helper up on the counter with me. She kept calling the pomegranate an apple, I explained what it was. I don't think she has ever had one. I know Aunt Jen had some at Thanksgiving last year, but I don't think we ever gave her any. I sliced the persimmon and we tried it, Em didn't really care for that. Then I slice open the pom. I scooped some fruit/seed out and was putting it in a bowl. I had her try some, she loved it. After that I basically couldn't scoop it out fast enough to keep up with her. Soon enough her sweatshirt was drenched in dark red juice, chin was stained and she was trying to grab the fruit out of my hand!

...Other things her favorite lately is six. Ask her what she wants and it is always six, six chicken nuggets, there are six balls, I want six blocks
We have been trying to bounce baby names off of Emily, we ask her to repeat things, to see if and how well she can say the name. If you want a sneak you can try asking her if she has any names in mind.

No comments: