Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I know there are lots of reasons God gave Adam a partner, a wife. I can tell you first hand from our experience Monday, that husbands and wives are meant to parent together. At about 3:30 am Dallas woke up, I went to see what was the matter and by 4:00 am I couldn't leave the bathroom. I know adults are not really supposed to get rotovirus, but I had all the symptoms! By 6:00 Rob said I think I am getting sick to, I am going to the store now. He likes diet 7up and I like orange Gatorade when sick. It is funny how comforting those familiar things are. I spent the next 12 hours not able to do much, somehow we made it through the day. The kids did so well, and Robert handled much of the parenting. I lost it about 5:00 pm in tears, I was dry heaving again, and Dallas was slamming the toilet lid on my head. Emily didn't feel like eating dinner because her tummy felt "full" I was worried she was getting hit too. I felt so helpless, and Robert reminded we were not meant to do this alone.
We decided we were going to need help on Tuesday if we were not better. Friends were ruled out because we couldn't possibly ruin any one's week by giving them what we had, but family that we were going to see anyway was first on our list. I was about to call my mom to see if she could take a sick day, when I remembered Lynne had Tuesday off. She agreed to come if we needed her. After dinner, which no-one but Dallas ate, I was up to two saltine crackers, which I only ate so I could take Tylenol, Emily had a Christmas cookie. The kids went to bed by 6:30 and Robert and I were in bed by 7:30. My prayer that night was to be restored enough to care for my family again. I woke up so much better. I was able to be "mom" again. What a blessing. I feel almost 100%, but not really up to eating still, nothing sounds good yet.

1 comment:

Shirlee said...

You know I would have come! Glad you're feeling better. BTW, Dan had this last Monday.