Monday, November 15, 2010

transitions...

Things are changing around here. Colder weather, new beds, and growing kids.



Last weekend was Rob's annual clean and wax the cars time. Saturday he washed the Chevelle and winterized it, changed the oil, and we took it over to the garage to spend the winter. The kids were saying night, night, as Rob covered it with the "blanket" car cover. He took the afternoon off to watch the Cyclones lose with me, then he spent the remaining day washing and waxing the truck. The same process occurred on Sunday after church, only with the van. It was his first time waxing the van, and it is a tad bigger than our other vehicles, so that ate up most of Sunday. He also installed the vans rear mudflaps, I know you are all jealous!

Sunday afternoon Emily went to a Strawberry Shortcake Birthday party and had all sorts of fun!

Monday night Dallas slept in his new bed, after several fits and lots screaming/crying he finally settled down, and ended up in the bed. I figured he would end up sleeping on the floor with Bo. Now that the crib is down, I am going to try to boy up the room for him a little and hang some stuff on the wall.

And I know you are all wondering why I haven't complained about raking one of God's greatest creations, LEAVES. We are once again splurging this year and have hired it out. I found a guy on craigslist willing to do large yards for $40. I wonder if he has driven by to see what he agreed to yet? Plus since we have scheduled him to come Sat. a free yard waste day he doesn't have to bag the leaves, he can throw them loose in his truck, that saves us bag money too! I know in years past we have spent more that $40 in bags alone. This is a tremendous help this year as Noelle and Dallas don't nap at the same time, not allowing me afternoons to rake!

Noelle is growing everyday, she is such a smiley girl when she is well rested. I have been sort or sleep training her, trying to teach her to go to sleep on her own. I stick to an eat, play, sleep schedule, keeping her awake time to less than an hour. This keeps her from becoming overtired. I can usually stick her in the crib swaddled and awake, and she drifts off. I know writing this will probably jinx the process, but as with kids, once you think you have it figured out something changes.

No comments: