Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Saturday in Des Moines






Aunt Lynne let us visit so we could have a fun day in Des Moines.  Rob flew to Phoenix Friday night and will be back Monday, so I was glad she likes to help me "entertain"  Dallas and Emily sang an "Aunt Lynne" song on the 40 minute drive to her house, while Noelle chanted, "going, Aunt Lynne, going, Aunt Lynne".  I tried listening to the radio, I guess I don't get that excited. 
We picked Lynne up and headed downtown to the season opener of the Farmers Market.  It was great fun.  We tried some yummy food, I bought some beef sticks, the kids shared popcorn and kettle corn, Lynne had some PB&J friend wonton things that were awesome.  We sampled a lot, and were surprised by the amount of produce already available.  The kids planted a flower at the kids booth. 

After we had our fill, we headed to the Papa John Sculpture Garden.  We didn't run around long because the weather seemed to instantly shoot to 90 degrees with equal humidity, and we were thirsty.  We headed to the mall next to get Noelle her first pair of shoes.  Since the Lazy M closed in Ames, there is no place in town to get your kids feet fitted.  She is still such a toddler when walking I want her in pretty flexible shoes still so she gets the hang of it. 
And then for Cinco de Mayo we visited Chipotle, my barbaccoa salad hit the spot, I wished for a beer too, but I was driving!

No comments: