Tuesday, September 18, 2012

So, what has been going on round your parts?  It's all fun, all the time in the Kibbe household lately. 

Like today... Dallas remarking from the bathroom " laughing... hmmm, why am I wearing two pairs of underwear, laughing some more"

Again with the underwear:  I laid out clothes for D to wear.  He has me help him with his "seatbelt" to thread it through his "seatbelt loops", I notice he is not wearing the underwear I laid out for him, so I ask him why not "Mom, those are winter underwear, I only can wear them in the winter!"  --what can I say about that?

Emily had a big dental appointment last week.  They needed to fill a small cavity and wanted to do the floride cap/sealent thingys on her permanent molars.  She was super anxious, so they decided breathing in the "grape air" would do her some good.  That stuff makes for a really relaxed kid!  How do I go about getting some installed at home?

Em also had her big six year old well visit today.  Rob was going to take her, so I was making a list of a couple of questions I had, so he could take it along.  I asked Em if she had anything she wanted to ask the Dr., she wanted to know if she was eating healthy enough, so cute!  She is growing well, but might be a little peanut.  She added 3 lbs, and 2 inches to her frame, but is now more along the lines of 25% instead of 50% on the growth curve.  I have noticed that she is one of the shortest about everywhere we go lately.

Emily is doing well in school.  She is typically so shy, and has some serious hangups about the speaking/show and tell portion of school.  After one really bad week, she did so well this week.  I was ready to bribe her with the moon to just get her to stand up in front of everyone, but she did great, and gave a little talk about why zebras were her favorite animals.  Love her!  She is on year two of piano, and we are slowly plowing into lessons.  We are doing a brief but intensive month of gymnastics.  It is our first activity that meets twice a week, and we are only in this session because it was one month long.  It sure is a glimpse of the future, taking kids to and from activities, waiting, planning a fast dinner ahead of time.  Can't believe it will only get busier with time. 

Noelle has been a fun handful lately.  She has spent her first couple weeks being two, in and out of time out.  She will look you straight in the face after you scolding her, and tempt fate again.  She will march straight to the timeout stair, if you ask her to go, and she stays put until I come talk to her, so that is a bonus.  I can tell she doesn't really mind being there, so this might not be her form of consequence.  She loves to tell you what she thinks, and her little voice is so cute, it is hard to keep a straight face.  She converses in long sentences now, and I can understand most of what she says.  S's, L's, and C's come out sounding... well, wrongish.
She also can now navigate the steps by herself.  Rob taught her how to slide down the stairs on her bottom, so now she can come down if she really wants.  He of course used a sound effect to make it much more fun when they were learning, so if you hear a "mmmmmmmm-low to high sound" you can run to the stairs and watch her slide down! 

In other randomness, we have a 1967 original Mustang for sale if anyone wants to buy it.

We live on a really busy street.  Many joggers/walkers/exercisers stop all hours of the night to stretch or do other things on our corner.  A couple nights ago I though I would have to call 911, I kept watching this guy trying to determine if he was doing some type of yoga stretch on the sidewalk, or he actually needed medical help. 

It is starting to feel a little "fallish" around here.  I may have worn, jeans and a cardi the other day, only to be sweating by 4:00 running around town, for some reason it was a really hot 60 degrees!  Guess the sunshine really helps this time of year.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Love the blog, Laura. Now tell me how to get paragraphs; when I try mine it is all one big paragraph even if I space numerous times between.