Thursday, August 1, 2013

7 things

1.  The cool weather was refreshing last week, it forced us home for a couple days, which I felt we needed.  It was definitely the coldest it has ever been on Emily's birthday.  Just a hint of Fall, but we are not ready for summer to be over.

2.  Noelle is a holder.  We seem to be going down the same road as Emily did after being potty trained.  Why, oh why?  Is it something I did.  She won't poop.  Five days is her record.  I have her on a  twice daily Miralax routine, with a no dairy diet.  She is miserable, it makes me grumpy.  I would guess she spends 1/2 her day sitting on the floor holding her poop in, so frustrating.  The hard thing is it is really effecting the whole family, besides make her feel awful, and making me grumpy, we can't go to the pool, and anywhere else we visit she walks around holding herself or just sits herself down.  Prayers please!

3.  I don't watch anything I enjoy on TV anymore.  Most of my TV time is spent watching old sitcoms.

4.  My church had a babysitter class this week.  They needed some live kids to practice on.  I received 1 free hour of babysitting as payment.  What a blessed gift during the week when I am grumpy and Rob won't be home for 6 more days.

5.  I need to make some design based decisions for the house.  I hate that kind of stuff. I want someone to tell me what looks best and decide for me.

6.  My garden is looking so dismal.  Good thing my brother planted acres of produce and has my parents helping tend.  Every other year my squash blossoms never pollinate.  Are they all male flowers?  Weirder yet, the cucumber plant is producing fruit.  Guess I need to get a recipe to fry up some blossoms. 

7.  Thankful that we have such good friends in town that take care of me while Rob travels.  Minutes after his departure a huge branch fell from the tree in the backyard.  Many offers to come help clean and saw.

No comments: