Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Fourteen things

It's December!

1.  We will have a five year old in the house by the end of the week.

2.  Remind me not to ever buy Pixar themed stamps again, the kids think they are stickers.

3.  Emily and I played Christmas songs together as background music during the Festival of Trees this Sunday.

4.  We are doggless again, we recently returned Riley to his new house in Ankeny, and of course Noelle and Dallas were playing doggie today.

5.  Robert is back to working, working, working, preparing to feed us in the New Year.  He had about three hours of rest over Thanksgiving break.

6.  We saw the movie Frozen on opening day.  It was wonderful.  And guess what, a guy's true love kiss didn't solve all the problems in this movie. 

7.  The house is 70% decorated.  I am afraid the Cyclone tree needs to be restrung.  I am in search of gold lights, I remember it was difficult to find them the first time around.

8.  Ames has been dealing with a rash of burglaries, I was fine dealing with it, until Robert got worried about it.  Now I get a little freaked out in the evenings.

9.  I am breaking in new workout shoes. Lynne and I went shopping a few weeks ago.  I hated them for two weeks, but I think we are finally friends.

10.  Parenting is hard work

11. Homeschooling is hard work. 

12.  We have been having a rough time lately, hoping we are in a brief valley and the big girl and I can climb on out soon.

13.  Maybe I will get a sweet teacher appreciation gift.  I will have to remember to get some for Dallas preschool teachers as well.

14.  I am debating the merits of purchasing one of the one cup coffee makers.  I have been tolerating Casey's coffee and Dutch Oven's coffee.  I take it with half and half, and I like that it is warm.  I am not sure it is keeping me awake, but I think I am less grumpy. 




No comments: