Thursday, December 21, 2017

Dallas is NINE

It's official. I am squarely in the big kid category. I held a 6 month old for a couple hours yesterday and it was so strange. I liked it, and six months is a fun age, very interactive. But my kids are in a very different stage. It is easier and harder in many ways. 

Dallas is nine. We celebrate all week! He requested a haircut, thank goodness.  I am not a confident stylist. I was glad he was willing to go back to a salon. Robert talked up how cool SportsClips would be. He received the first timer treatment, hot towel and massage, and liked it!
 I am grateful his hair has a bit of a shape again!
 Opening gifts is fun. He has really enjoyed this paper airplane book from Grandpa and Grandma
 Gift from Noelle, I can't recall what this is though?
 Dude Perfect Nerf football from Emily
 The Grove Cafe pancake breakfast date with Dad. He did not finish.
 Per usual, he requested his favorite dinner. Jimmy Johns.  Looks like they knew it was his favorite way to celebrate as well.  He wanted to eat sandwiches at home while watching tv.  Love this kid!
 Thank goodness we have had mild temps. I did not ever want to host a troop of boys in my living room with the tree up again. I tried to rent a couple of gyms in town and the timing did not work out. It ended up being 55 degrees so we went to the park!!!!!  Robert had arranged our good friend to go chalk the court, it was so special, I am glad he thought of it. 
 I am especially proud/thankful for these friends Dallas has surrounded himself with. These are all good kids, and are so fun (and crazy)

No comments: