Friday, April 6, 2018

A bit of February


We celebrated Valentine's Day with the neighbors. Soup lunch, fellowship and a tasty desert. We made a new desert. Popcorn cake, think rices crispy treats and then sub the crispy for popcorn. It was easy and fun. We of course embellished with pink and red M&M's. I am a sucker for seasonal candy!
Late winter snowman. Although I think we have made three more versions (Spring storms) since I took this picture in February. I always send the kids out to play thinking it will be the last storm and we should revel in it.
We didn't make it to Hickory Park for our usual Valentine's Day date. It was a Wednesday and we needed to hop off to Awana church, so I went with the heart-shaped bake in your oven type of meal.
We wrapped up a peaceful season of basketball and no other sports!
Dallas did attend a weekly baseball camp put on by the ISU Mens Baseball club. I think it was a fundraiser for the club. It seemed like a good opportunity for Dallas to work on some skills, dads to network and the college kids to gain some coaching skills.
The girls headed off to another Father-Daughter dance hosted by our church. It was once again 1980's Themed. What people think of the '80s style is not how I dressed! I doubt I had much neon in my wardrobe.  The girls both wanted to match and wear dresses (Emily wanted something twirly) and I gotta hop on those requests! We picked out "Pretty in Pink" inspired dresses and I let them glam them up how they wished.  Emily also did her hair and Noelle's. It was a fairly hands off affair for me!

These two skated all day after an ice storm.  We only have two pairs of skates otherwise Noelle might have joined them. I made them wear bike helmets because this was not Zamboni-honed ice. They had so much fun with it and eventually skated down the block to the neighbors.  I should probably go get the skates sharpened now!

No comments: