Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Visions" of true love

A couple people have already commented, but yes that is a picture of us in the most recent issue of Visions, an ISU Alumni magazine. The feature is about love birds that fell in love at ISU. Our picture is on the page featuring a lot of couples on their wedding day under the Campanile. Our picture was not of our wedding day, but of our engagement. It just happened to be captured by an Iowa State Daily reporter and was run in the paper the very next day (I didn't have to tell any of my friends about Robert's proposal!) Robert took several newspapers back to Connecticut with him and he successfully used one to get out of a ticket on the drive home, I guess the trooper was a sucker for love stories.





Robert Kibbe ('99 mech engr)Laura Johnson Kibbe ('00 microbiology)Marriage proposal, Ames, Iowa

He was wearing a suit, I was fresh from a study session for a presentation I had the next day so I kind of look like a slob in sandals, jeans and a t-shirt.

No comments: