Friday, August 6, 2010

Build-a-bear

Aunt Lynne gave Emily a trip to Build a Bear for her birthday. Let me tell you, this place was made for four year olds. Emily and I met Lynne at the mall for a girls night out. The deal was Emily got to pick out an animal and an outfit. We had never taken her inside any kind of place like this, we don't even walk down the toy isle in Walmart, so I can safely say she thought it was really cool. I posted a video too, I am trying to also upload the other video from my phone.

On top of this awesome experience, we also stopped into the bookstore to use a gift card Emily got for her birthday. She had so much fun picking out books, I wish I could buy her every book she wanted. It is a good responsible learning lesson to know how many books you can get for the money on your card. Thanks Aunt Cheryl! She picked 6 "learn to read level 1 and 2 books". It was so cute because she wanted to buys some for Dallas too, but her pile always had 9 or so books in it. We finally settled on 1 book for Dallas and they could share the rest, or as Em says it, "I will read them to him so he can learn it."
Making a birth certificate for "Hannah the bunny"

Taking home our newest family member