Sunday, August 15, 2010

weekly randoms

A couple of pictures to fill you in on what we have been doing this week...

Both of my kids love, I mean luuuurv tomato soup. I am lazy and use the Campbell's canned soup, but usually purchase the low sodium version (it makes me feel a little better). The love to float those fish crackers in and scoop them out with their spoon. I caught Dallas slurping the rest out of his bowl! No-one in our family really does this, so he must have been pretty proud of himself for thinking of it!
This is a picture of our main bathroom (the only one with a bath or shower). Notice the mirror, sink, toilet and shower surround are all gone, not to mention the flooring. We hope to be up and partially running again by Tuesday. Ironically it wasn't a bad weekend to be without water (if you have been following Ames flooding woes), as we had been planning our showers at the gym and at friends houses. We have hired some of this work, but after the big stuff is put back together, we will still have to texture the wall to match the others (the wall you are looking at needed all new dry wall), paint and hang and frame our new mirror.
Riding bikes/trikes. I try to make it outside with the kids everyday for some significant play time. But I cannot take the heat/humidity that we have had lately. I really don't love this kind of weather not pregnant, but holy cow, it has been miserable the past weeks. I am not sure it is entirely healthy for the kids to be out longer than an hour or so at a time. Emily is getting good at riding her bike, and Dallas is really content pushing the trike. His feet cannot reach the pedals, I am trying to keep a look out for a used trike that would fit him better.
Chalk has been a big part of our outdoor time as well. This is Emily's creation.

So all of this besides 500 year flooding in Ames, boiling water for days, not doing laundry and doing dishes by hand, with boiled water, it has been an busy week. We spent the day at the State Fair. I made it the whole day, although Rob said I looked pretty hot and miserable. I felt like I went from place to place, first getting water, then finding a place to go to the bathroom. I carried a kid much of the time too, perhaps they were hot and tired too. I do really enjoy going every year, and want it to be a happy tradition for our kids. We decided we need to figure out a way to "do" the fair, but not feel like we are rushing through everything.

1 comment:

Beth said...

My parents have that same trike, but they have blocks on both sides of the pedals duck taped on. Actually, they got it used and it came "pre-modified".