Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Date weekend

or as I call it "Laura's Sanity" saver.  My blessed husband loves to take me away.  We would do it more often if it was easier to cobble together childcare.  He seems to be traveling a ton with his new ventures. 
We both had been missing each other and I needed a get away to spend time decompressing from running the household solo and to really visit with Rob.  During this busy season of life sometimes it really takes removing ourselves from the normal to get a fresh perspective. 

My wonderful sister April agreed to watch the kids Friday afternoon thru Sunday evening.  God Bless her!  She is pregnant and did most of it solo, Mark came up for a bit on Saturday.  He had to work some of the weekend in DSM. 
She didn't even sit around the house.  She took the kids for donuts, to the park, to play in the sandbox, to see the butterflies at Reiman Gardens and then on a picnic, made a butterfly craft and out to eat for dinner and to the arcade with Mark.  She even took them bowling on Sunday, SOLO!  I am scared to do that!  She is gonna make one great mama come this fall.  The kids had a great time and keep asking for her, or mentioning something that they did together. 

I loved my time away.  I ate, drank, read a book, swam, held hands with my husband, walked a ton, window shopped, ate and drank some more, watched some basketball, ran into an old friend, slept in, watched Rob park his big old truck in tiny - unbelievable spaces perfectly and connected with my best friend. 

It was such a great weekend.  Thanks April!



No comments: