Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Today has been full of looking for and ordering shoes.  Dallas can barely get his tennis shoes on, eventually he does, but then says the back hurts.  Emily has tennis shoes, but prefers to wear a more casual shoe with her "outfits", she has been wearing flip-flops until they broke this weekend on the way to Galena.  Robert wore out his daily shoes at the beginning of summer which was fine, he can wear sandals a lot in the summer.  He started wearing his dressier shoes when he needed too.  Hence, his dress shoes are pretty ratty looking, and he now sometimes wears his new running shoes during the day which is a little too casual for the look he needs to present some days.  I think that is four pairs I need to replace.  Oh, and it is sort of snowing/sleeting today, it really is time to retire the sandals we have all been wearing everyday since May.  Noelle and I seem to have lots of shoes to wear, I am looking to replace my workout shoes, but that requires a trip to Ankeny for me.
And less pressing is that Robert will need new winter boots and a pair of work boots, perhaps I can make those the same boot?


Emily and I have been working diligently on learning Christmas songs on the piano.  We can play three duets so far, and are working on a fourth.  It is fun to play together. 

If anyone is wondering the Gluten-free brownie mix from Aldi is delicious.

Robert and I had a wonderful date last week.  We went to the Straight No Chaser concert with some friends.  It was wonderful, and reminded me how much I miss attending concerts and good performances.  The amazing thing about SNC, is they are completely a cappella, no back track or singing to music.  When you hear what sounds like drums, it is a person singing!

http://www.sncmusic.com/video/straight-no-chaser-prayer-live-songs-decades




No comments: