Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Eatting real food

I am on day 17 of a little project.  I challenged myself to do the Whole 30.  Can see more about it here http://whole30.com/ The gist, eat real food. Meat. Vegetables. A little fruit.

I would say I generally eat a  70/30% diet.  Seventy percent healthy and the rest sugar...
I went into the challenge with two goals, testing my will power and to see if I could kick my "constantly needing something sweet after a meal" habit. 

I have cheated a couple of times, so I really am probably on day 7 or 9. 
Win - I have successfully navigated a couple of fun evenings out full of beer and pizza.  I do notice when we are all hungry for lunch, I tend to eat while I make the kids lunch, snacking off their plates, I tend to go for cheese when I want a quick snack, and I miss crunchy things like chips. 
I can't say whether I feel better or not, lots of people have an aha moment once they get the junk out of their systems and suddenly don't have pains or headaches.  I never suffered from these ailments, so I can't really comment on them. I do feel like the afternoon slump I often get is a little better, but half the time I still feel like taking a rest or caffeinating up, I do hope this will continue to change. 

So, I miss cheese, half/half in my coffee, I am cheating by eating butter otherwise I would miss that, I don't miss alcohol unless its the weekend.  I still miss dessert.  I was basically drooling picking up my kids at a friends house yesterday as they were all eating Doritos.  Ugh.  Halfway.....

No comments: