Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Grandpa Dallas 75th birthday

Grandpa Dallas birthday ended up being on a Tuesday.  At Windsor Oaks they celebrate all the month's birthday on the 2nd Tuesday at a special coffee gathering.  We decided to make a surprise visit with some cookies to share with the group. 
Little kids are always a hit around Windsor Oaks. 
I sat near a lady that clearly wanted to gossip! She kept asking me questions about my family and Dallas, prying.  Then she would jab and I mean jab her husband with her cane to repeat something I had said, he clearly had his hearing aids turned off!  

 Noelle enjoying second breakfast full of sweets.
 Robert brought birthday balloons from HyVee
 Tuesday night we gathered to eat Chinese birthday dinner.  Its so fun to sit at the big round table with the glass lazy susan.  My kids love pouring themselves cup after cup of tea (I always mean to ask if it is decaf!) and then spin the center to pass the tea pot to the next person.  We figured out they really like the chicken fried rice too!

Post dinner angel food cake made by Emily.  FROM SCRATCH.  We borrowed a pan from the neighbors.  Did you know that angel food cake has 10 egg whites in it! The recipe said it would absolutely not work well if you got any yolk in there, so in all I think we burned through 15 eggs getting 10 clean whites.  It was yummy and worth it.

No comments: