Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Schools out for my mom!

My siblings and I put together a little shindig to celebrate my mom.  She was retiring from a lot of years teaching and as a bonus it was also her birthday!  I don't think she really wanted a party, but we did this for our Dad and Barb and it seemed like we should force it on her to enjoy the moment.

 The venue was the Lake Keomah Lodge in Oskaloosa.  It is a nice place to host a party when it is not 100 degrees! 
 I borrowed a chocolate fountain.  I thought it would be a fun and interactive type of snack.  We had cherries, strawberries, banana and pineapple for fruit to dip.  Pretzels, marshmallows, wafer cookies and nuts. 
 She did get a couple of great gifts and some arrangements.
 And of course the school gave her a Certificate of Recognition and a bronze Indian paper weight?
 Retirement Cake
and a birthday cake

No comments: