Friday, February 24, 2017

The Perfect Gift 2016


This church event has weaved it's way into our family Christmas traditions. Again this year we made treats attached an invite to The Perfect Gift and handed it out to over 20 people in our neighborhood. 
My kids absolutely love doing this. 
This year we strongly encouraged Grandpa Dallas to get involved so we signed him up to be a greeter at the door! I think he liked it?

 We also decorated again. This year we did a Patriotic tree. It was more of a hassle this year because the prelit tree we were provided was not working. The lights they had available were icicle lights. We ended up at Walmart to try to remedy the situation and came out with one package of LED blue, and a pack or regular red. It is breaking Robert's Christmas mantra to mix lights or use LED, but it was a make it work situation.  Most of the ornaments were Robert's moms and then we borrowed some from a friend who had done a USA tree in the past.
The girls were in the Christmas show/pageant. Emily had a singing solo, she was a sheep with curly horns. Noelle was an angel.

We also pulled taffy all day. I think we did 6 batched. The last batch was without my Dad and Barb, but only  made possible by my sister. I think she hit the nail on the head, I might be a little too distracted in that environment to successfully get a batch cooked. But she is a pro! For some reason I can't find a picture of that awesomeness!

No comments: