Monday, July 30, 2018

Hawaii the food

 Fancy Drinks, bloody mary and I think I got a cucumber vodka something?
 Shave ice is required on the island
 Ted's Bake Shop was recommended by all blogs or sources I checked. There was a little memory book in our condo and guest after guest said to go there. It was a wait for "real" food, and all the picnic tables were taken so we grabbed some pastries to share. A couple of pies and donuts. It was good and very rich.

 Shave ice on the North Side of the Island. You can barely see it in the picture but I got vanilla ice cream that came in a hollowed out pineapple with pineapple. I am still thinking about it. It was soooo good! I need to find a flavor-filled pineapple and try it at home to see if its the same, or if I was just starving.
 My birthday dessert from Aulani
 Everyone also said that we must eat at the shrimp trucks.  We did our best! Sticky rice was delicious, and everyone who likes shrimp in our family loved it. We also tried some local "pop". Which was weird but drinkable, we didn't order that again.
 Notice all of our meals were outside and in our swim suits.  I did over pack, this was defiantly a vacation that we spend 80% of our day in swimwear.

 We found a donut truck to get our Saturday morning donuts.  All food on the North shore comes in trucks.
 This was supposed to be a bear claw, the lade working said her sister wasn't in to help her today and things didn't turn out like she hoped. She marketed this to us as an alien hand! Also our coffee was complimentary because she was fairly certain she made it wrong as her sister usually does that.
 Asian snacks
 One shave ice stand that wasn't a truck. You still eat outside.!
 This restaurant on the North Shore at Turtle Bay was so windy that they recommend everything go into this drink caddy on the table. They were right, it was needed. This restaurant was supposed to be the spot to watch the sunset. It was our last night, I had the recommended Mai Tai, supposedly the best one on the island. I guess I don't like those. Robert had to finish it for me!
Drinking coconut water out of a coconut bought at roadside stand after the beach. We bought a pineapple the day before!

No comments: