Monday, July 30, 2018

Noelle Dance Recital 2018 Robert Thomas "Beauty and the Beast"

 Noelle began dancing at Robert Thomas Dance in January. Her broken leg in the fall prohibited her from dancing half the year. I called around and we found a spot mid-year. I mean it was not like they were going to turn down my money!
 She was placed in a combo class, she learned ballet, jazz, tap and Irish dance each week. Her performances were in tap and ballet, once song each. The studio had three separate and unique recitals on Saturday. Noelle's two performances were both in the 2:30 recital and all the acts in that recital slot told the story of "Beauty and the Beast"
 She had a lovely experience this year and we will likely sign up again. I am hoping to enroll her again mid-year after she finished cheer leading in the fall. That will keep us to one sport per kid.
 She loved the waiting, lots of girl time
 She also loved the required stage makeup and bun. We went to Sally's beauty supply and I asked all sorts of questions on what I needed to pull this look off. Emily became a pro at the bun and Lynne helped me through the "cat eye" look.
The best part besides watching her love dancing was the dance mom status I earned. I kid you not, I took her for dance pictures, which was our first time in the full get up and the instructor took me aside and whispered "it's not a big deal, but so you know the bow goes in the back" - yep you guessed it, I had put her costume on wrong! The bow does go in the back. Noelle is old enough to be embarrassed by these things so we quick switched in around and she looked the part for the group picture. But I will always have that first year individual picture to remember I had no clue!

No comments: