Sunday, August 9, 2009

mini-vaca

This weekend was just what I ordered, a relaxing time with the family. It was so lovely, my dear husband has a hard time just sitting, but he did well and enjoyed hanging out with me and the kiddos with no need to work on business, and he got to enjoy the Wisconsin two-lane drive. Although we dearly love living in central Iowa, Wisc and MN are much more picturesque

We were invited to stay at our friend's parents lake house on Madeline Island, part of the Apostle Islands. Madeline Island is home to La Pointe, WI the oldest town in Wisconsin. Lake Superior was gorgeous, the water is so clear and deceiving, I haven't looked up the temps, but I bet it wasn't warmer than 60F. The sandy beach and rock hunting were Emily's favorite. Everyone but Dallas jumped in. Robert and I took several dips, apparently you have too, to be invited back. We even jumped in, ran to the hot tub, ran down dove off the dock and ran back and jumped in the hot tub, very invigorating! We ate, slept, ate, toured Bayfield, Raspberry Island Lighthouse, went boating, road the ferry, and road on Austin's Papa's big boat. Many firsts for our family!

We had lots of pictures so I made a slideshow, you can click to have bigger to read the captions. Many thanks to Lynne for house/Bo sitting!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Looks like you had a great time. I really like the picture of Dallas asleep in the backpack carrier. How sweet!