Monday, August 31, 2009

some randoms from the last week

1. We gussied up the front of our house a little Friday and Sat. Rob moved 2.5 ton of two inch river rock and 100 bullet edge paver stones in less than 24 hours, and he is not in the least bit sore. I have such a strong husband! I laid landscape fabric and planted, moved and replanted hostas, and spread wood chips. and I am sore, but I think that is from unloading the bullet edgers from the truck. *special thanks to Grandma, we wouldn't have accomplished this with kids underfoot.

2. We need to still plant the bushes, they seem to be quite expensive locally, has anyone ever ordered online, I need help with this one, I am not sure which is the best route. Pay full price locally or go the more reasonable route, but probably more risky and order from an online nursery. Leave me a comment if you have a suggestion.
I need 7 Mockorange Miniature snowflake, 3 weigela polka (which I can't even find locally), 1 judd viburnum and an American Filbert (also having problems locating in town).

3. I think Dallas is half goat, this kid will eat anything, everything! Books, rocks, sand, noodles, bread, I was always so cautious feeding Emily, and it seems that everytime he gets to try something new it is because he has stolen it, grabbed it from my hand or eaten it up off the floor.

4. I finally figured out how to wash the window between the screen today, it was quite dirty as we have been in this house almost four years. Take that MerryMaids!

5. Emily has been playing store a lot lately. She will purchase things she shops around the house and want you to check them out and they she wants to pay. I think we need to start explaining the -whole we pay with a debit card thing, and that is real money we have at the bank, not borrowed credit. I hardly ever carry cash so she always sees me swipe at the store, even then I run it as credit and not debit because then we are protected in our purchases. We don't want her growing up thinking a little magic plastic card will get you anything.

6. We are looking forward to the football season starting, Thursday night we have a sitter for Dallas and the rest of us will head off to the season opener, ISU vs. NDSU.

7. I finally got to see Star Trek, it was Rob's third viewing, it was awesome. I think we will be purchasing!

No comments: