Friday, February 5, 2010

Grapefruit

I am sad and secretly delighted. Not everyone can tolerate grapefruit, but I love it. Any place I go that has freshly squeezed grapefruit juice on their menu becomes my favorite. I love it when little pieces of fruit end up in the glass! I miss the days of Osky Band fruit, where my dad would harbor a 10lb box of grapefruit in the basement, and peel them for me, how blessed I was!

I love taking the time to peel the sections out of the fruit, but sometimes I just cut and scoop like most people do. But guess what my kids love the stuff. They hover around me chirping like little birds waiting for a worm. I can't get the stuff out fast enough, and two grapefruits later, I bet I have only had two or three sections total. If I don't section, but scoop I then squeeze the juice into a glass, and that is where the loud chirping really begins. I might have to start eating my grapefruit alone in the closet... and why doesn't Ames High Band solicit me for 10lb of fruit?

No comments: