Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I broke out my new to me Grandma Johnson's Bernina today. Whoa, what was I waiting for! It runs like a BMW compared to my (grandma Johnson's) ole Singer. So sweet and smooth, and quiet! I have a little project that consisted of sewing straight rows, so I thought it would be a good test. I think I am sold. It is running pretty great, anyone know the last time it had a tune up? Nothing like jumping from a 40 yr old machine to a 20 yr old one.

ETA:
With a couple of emails from my Aunt Margie, and my dad, I am re-figuring. The Singer must be 45-50 years old, and the Bernina at least 25. And it was last known serviced in the 90's. I guess I will look around for a place to take it after I finish my newest sweet project... if only I wasn't trying to finish a book at the same time!

No comments: