Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Prayer Request

I have a little prayer request for Emily and me. The last two weeks she has developed some pretty serious anxiety. For anyone who knows her, this is unusual. She is known to be a tad shy at first but warms up to people and activites quickly. Something has happened, I hope it is a short lived phase! She is suddenly afraid of the dark, wants to be near me always. She wonders where I am if I go to the bathroom, she starts crying if I leave the floor she is on, say to change the laundry or check on something. Bedtimes have been a hysterical mess, she wants me to stay in the room with her, and clings to me as if she is falling off a mountain. Forget the fact that we now have tons of activities that she needs to be dropped off at. Awana drop off was a mess last week. PE class on Monday produced 20 minutes of tears. Soccer seems to be ok, but since I help coach I don't leave. We have more activites on Wednesday and Friday, and also a well visit appt this week, who knows how she will react to getting blood drawn and shots. My prayer specifically is for this to pass quickly, if there is some root problem that we can discover to help us correct it. That Emily will be comforted and know she is safe. And patience for me. I am frustrated, I feel like this is a stage for a three yr not a five yr old, and she has been sleeping in the dark, with the door closed for 5 yrs! I need patience and compassion for my little girl. Any sage advice???

2 comments:

Jessica said...

No advice, just lots of prayers.

Sarah said...

No advice. Just sorry to hear of the struggle! :)