Saturday, October 29, 2011

This warms my heart

My husband takes holidays seriously, like really seriously.  He would and has put carved pumpkins in the fridge each day to make them last longer.  Every year I try to get him to carve earlier, but he won't have them go bad!  I love this about him.  This year we (he) has been really busy, working alnost every night.  That is how it goes when you are readying to take off for two weeks, and you have your own buisness.  We still wanted to carve pumpkins, but just couldn't work it into our usual tradition time.  Carve pumpkins and watching the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.  This year we did what we could.  I hollowed out three of them Thursday afternoon.  Friday morning at 7:00 am, Rob had special pumpkin sprinkled donuts waiting and we carved pumpkins before work.  It was a fun way to start the day!

Tonight we will watch the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and we might even order a pumpkin shaped pizza.

Top L to R, Laura - Noelle - Robert, Bottom L to R, Dallas, Emily
I was pretty impressed with Dallas.  I carved his true to his marker drawing.  I didn't even know he new how to place face features. I have never seen him draw a person before.  Circle eyes, an x for a nose and a smiley mouth.  Emily loved carving hers as well.  I let Noelle eat/test out her pumpkin lid while we worked on hers! 

No comments: