Saturday, June 2, 2012

May piano recital

 Receiving her award for excellent practice
 Grandpa Dallas came to watch
Performing her first piece
Performing her duet with Mrs. Sibbel

Emily did quite well.  She lost her place towards the end during her first piece.  Mrs. Sibbel came to help her, and it didn't quite help.  Then after a moment she picked up where she left off and finished with such poise and grace.  It didn't seem to phase her much. She then continued the next piece with Mrs. Sibbel.  I was so nervous for her.  It is getting harder and harder to be a parent in situations like this, I wanted to rescue her so badly.  I was selfishly thinking of myself at the same time I was worrying for her, thinking of what others would think that I didn't prepare her well enough.  The funny part was she has never had problems with this part of the piece, ever!  Such a fluke.  And Mrs. Sibbel said in the pre-program pep talk she was a little worried since everyone rehearsed so well. 

No comments: