Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Parental Supervision

Today at the pool I helped a crying little girl in the bathroom.  Our aquatic center has family bathrooms/changing areas.  There was a young girl shorter than Dallas crying in the first bathroom with the door wide open.  No one was near her, even the pool maintenance person walked by and didn't help.  It seemed like she was trying to take off her suit bottoms, which she managed, but she was much to short to get on the seat.  She was trying to crawl up there but, they were handicap height.  I decided to lift her up there, and then corralled my kids into the next stall to help them.  The next thing I hear is 5-10 flushes in a row and then more crying.  We finished up, pass by this young girl.  She was still sitting on the potty, flushing it.  I asked her where her mommy was, she said at home.  I helped her off the toliet, she was still crying.  She asked me to help her with her bottoms.  It is hard to get wet suits on and off.  I asked her who she came to the pool with, she said Sarah.  I then told her that she needs to get Sarah the next time when she goes to the bathroom.  I am still trying to help her with her suit, the door was open, and I was trying to keep my three corralled as they were my priority.  Low and behold, "Sarah" turns up behind me.  She was kind of glaring at me, and told the girl not to worry about the suit that they were going home.  Why don't people watch their kids?  Who lets a 2 or 3 yr old go to the bathroom by themself.  It is crazy!!!!


No comments: