Monday, July 9, 2012

My Monday Musings

We played outside this morning until lunch, we even lunched outside.  Love this cooler weather.

We hit the pool with Robert yesterday after naps, he took us on the lazy river, FUN.

I am reading Unbroken, it is amazing.  I have been dreaming about it each night, I feel such pain for the WWII soldiers and POW's, I also feel guilty because I know my imagination can't even come close to what they really experienced.  Read it, sooo good.  I actually read the first 18 chapters out loud to Robert driving to WI (this journey will require its own post)

I might read Seabiscuit next because I have loved Unbroken so much.

I just paid our entrapment fine to the City of Cedar Rapids, I looked everywhere for some loopholes, but they clearly had us speeding, and by "us" you know who I really mean. 

We started week two of swimming swimming lessons.  Emily has improved much already.  Trying to do all the motions at once that are required seems to be the tricky part.

This year Dallas does really well waiting for lessons, it is Noelle I have to worry about teetering around the edge of the pool.  Dallas prefers to go lay on an Adirondack chair and sunbath, it makes him very content and he does this for 20 minutes or more some days.

Rob detailed the van's interior yesterday and switched all the seats around to let the leather have a breather. 

My garden is yielding sugar snap peas and a couple grape tomatos so far.



1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thanks, Laura. I have been waiting for a post from you. Enjoy so much the pictures you post and you live such an interesting life. You and Rob are such a beautiful couple. Wish we got to see you more often.