Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Odds and Ends for Spring

Things are getting summery around casa Kibbe.  Moved workout outside this morning and it was glorious!  Getting my mini garden tilled this week, so I can get some plants soon.  All school related activities are winding down.  We have two more piano lessons and a recital, a couple weeks of preschool, Cy-Ride field trip and end of year preschool performance.  Any Grandma's, Grandpa's or Aunts/Uncles want details of these events, let me know.  Our home school days are complete, but Em has 8 more pages/lessons to the end of her math book so we are going to finish that and call it a year.
 
The weather has finally turned, when we drive home from an errand, the kids hop out of the car and clamour into the yard to play instead of coming inside!  I am still hoping I end up with a trampoline in my backyard soon, I know Robert will hate mowing around it...  speaking of mowing, the first cut of the season happened last night, and the place looks sharp.  Our Crab apple tree is starting to bloom, if we ever need pictures to sell the house, they should be taken now!
 
 
A limited special run of 24 also started last night,  Jack is Back!  Who is watching?  Robert and I are going to try to find time to watch the 12 hour season.
 
Another thing I thought I would share this morning is a couple of our favorite buys from Aldi.
 These veggie chips are $2.50, they are so crunch.  We especially love the beet and rutabaga chips, the kids dig for those first.
 This is our favorite store salsa, $1.99, you get a bunch, I always buy the medium, it is tasty on ALL things.  If you don't have homemade and you can't get fresh salsa from a Mexican market in Omaha, this is hard to beat.
And this is my most recent discovery.  Four difference hummus flavors in one package.  Cilantro jalapeno, garlic, original and roasted red pepper.  They are all good.  I am still working on the kids to like hummus.  I dip carrots, snap peas, cucumber, and crackers - Yum!  This package is $3.99, but will last a while or would be a great thing to take to a party.

No comments: