Monday, July 14, 2014

Teeth

We are back to keeping the tooth fairy in business.  Is it a business if she gives you money?

Emily was having a hard time with her front molar.  She complained about it all day on the Fourth.  It was not very wiggly, and I wondered if she had gotten a little food stuck under the one side that did wiggle.  The next day she was in tears and said it hurt.  I asked if she wanted me to floss around it for her, and I could see that it was much more lose than we had thought.  I offered to pull it for her, and she took me up on it.  The first tooth she has ever let me pull was a big molar!  Her front bottom teeth were just itching for that space.  You can see that they have already scooted over to fill in the gap.  We are still missing the bottom eye tooth/fang shaped tooth and of course the molar, so they best enjoy the space while it it there.

Dallas lost his second tooth on Saturday, July 12.  We were sitting in the van waiting on Robert while he was getting a pop (big surprise).  Dallas popped out of his seat and wanted to look in the mirror.  I caught a glimpse of his little front bottom tooth laying horizontal.  He freaked.  I stupidly offered to pull it for him, you know because it went so well last time....  
He agreed, i grabbed it out quickly.  Then we have a repeat of last time, being so sad that he is growing up and can't stay daddy's little boy.  Robert often tells the kids to stop growing up.  Dallas takes this seriously! 

The tooth fairy visited and left him two dollars.  Apparently the firsts tooth he requested to keep initially was in the tooth pillow as well.  I think the tooth fairy thought she should pick up both teeth.  When morning came around we had an emotional little boy missing his teeth, but pleased about his $2.

No comments: