Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Lazy days of Summer

The pool, it's our scene.  The surprise of running into a friend.  Playing with your sister and brother. The discovery of liking the slides.  The new adventure of the high platform dive (brave little girl).  Measuring oneself everyday to see if we are finally tall enough to float the lazy river solo.  Goggles, striped towels, Dora the Mermaid toy, piggy back rides, fountains, and glorious sun... this has been our summer vacation.












Noelle loves laying out and relaxing.  Picture her in the position while laying on a tube in the lazy river.
 Emily is really enjoying her freedom at the aquatic center.  She has always had a bit more anxiety about things, but I know her confidence is high if she is willing to leave me to go swim in the big pool or go down the slides by herself.  She has a very beautiful front crawl stroke and I love watching her swim and perfect her handstands and flips in the water. 
Dallas loves the water this year.  He had a tentative start in lessons, but has really become a fish in the water.  He loves to practice sitting on the floor and wants me to count how long he can keep under the water.  His front crawl stroke is good when you are saying "kick, kick, kick, point your toes, pull with your arms"  it is not natural yet, but such great improvement for a kid who didn't get his head wet before.  His favorite thing is to jump in off the sides like he was casually walking and just slipped in the pool, and didn't notice.  Cracks me up.

I wish I had more pictures, but iPhones and water are not BFF's. 
I think a good refurbished waterproof camera is going on the Christmas list.  I know the kids would have blast with that, and it would be nice to have a $50 camera I wasn't always worried about.

No comments: