Thursday, August 14, 2014

Other things that get done inbetween fair, friend and pool visits.

 I am decluttering kids art and other misc.  Remind me to snap a picture of the after pile.
 We tended the Homeschool garden last week and I guess this girl got hungry on the way home.
I know Dallas has a list going, but I would take this in a Med.  I actually think I will go back for it, not sure I can wait for Christmas....

We had a date last Friday and I out drank Robert for the first time, maybe ever.  Fun Laura!  Expensive bill.

We are getting more garden bounty than we can gobble up.  I had a light bulb moment and decided to roast the stuff that had a weird spot or that needed used up today.  I cleaned up all the veggies, in this case it was several zucchini, summer squash, lots of little yellow tomatoes that had split open on the vine, some banana peppers, and a couple of large red tomatoes that had a weird bug spot in that I cut out. I tossed them all with coconut oil and roasted for 20 minutes at 400.  I let the veggies cool a bit on the pan when finished then I stuck it all in the blender and pureed them.  I froze the puree in 1 cup portions and I plan to sneak add them into soups and sauces all winter. It was pretty delicious as is, I bet a splash of heavy cream, salt and pepper and it would make a good soup.

No comments: