Monday, May 22, 2017

Quick Spring getaway

We stayed home over official Spring Break. Everyone was feeling sad about it but me. A few weekends later, Robert said now or July. It was our last even free weekend, so we quickly boarded the dog, Pricelined a hotel and headed North. We had a lovely visit with our great friend Sara and the boys. The sun was shining and it was 70 degrees when we arrived, that was welcome after a week of 50's and no sun in Iowa. Way to go MN! Sara lives in a very nice-kid free-range neighborhood. Robert grilled, we had drinks and the kids played with the neighbors. We could see them shoot hoops, play tag, Noelle sit in the sandbox. It was so nice. Completely different from where we live. 

Saturday we got up and swam, had lots of donuts at the hotel breakfast and then hit the Mall of America. The kids have never been, and it had been 10 or so years for Robert and I.  I was very pleased with how nice and clean it was. They have  poured money into updating it since the last time we were there. 
 We got the kids unlimited ride wristbands for the Mall of America amusement park. I think it was a pretty good deal.
 Noelle really only wanted cotton candy at the MOA and she didn't want to have to split it three ways. She did share generously!

 Emily's first visit to an Ikea. One of her friends loves going to Ikea and has talking up the experience. Em has really wanted to check it out. On Sunday morning I had Robert drop us off, they went for a drive and to see the new Vikings stadium. I thought her experience would be more pleasant without guys who do not browse for FUN. She was smitten, so my work here is done.
Hotel swimming was fun. 
I loved all the Norwegian and Minnesotan artwork at Pizza Luce. I might have to order a print for my kitchen.

No comments: