Saturday, May 9, 2009

Vacuum, Part 4

My sights have ventured off the Dyson. Overall I have been happy with the performance, but not $400 happy, know what I mean?
I happened to have a carpet expert in my house yesterday, to help me with a different project. The owner of Craftsman Carpet Care, which I personally recommend to all who live in the area. I picked his brain about vacuums. Seems he gets this a lot and stopped me before my question was even finished, Russ said "You don't need to buy a Dyson." He said they are great, but mostly have a great marketing campaign. He has personally picked up a load of hair-fur-dirt in his own vacuum after a customer has used their Dyson before his arrival. He uses a commercial version of a Eureka.

1 comment:

kmm0305 said...

I have a Eureka Smart Boss (or something like that) that I love for the price. I'm not quite sold on the Dyson hype. I got my vacuum a few years ago for Mother's Day and up until now it has been one of my favorite presents. Except for this year when I know I'm getting an ipod shuffle. ;) Good luck with your decision!
p.s. I have a really good picture of alumni groove/your hubby I should send you.