Friday, May 6, 2011

about my sick kids.  I love them so.  I need to remember that they are suffering and don't get cold after cold on purpose.  I needed an extra dose of patience, compassion and sympathy this morning.  It is super hard for me when Noelle and Dallas are sick together.  I can make a nice little nest of blankets and pillows on the couch for Emily, turn on a show and she recovers nicely.  Dallas whines and wants to be held, he can't cough in his arm (doesn't get the concept I guess), and still insists on sticking his germy little fingers in his sisters mouth, cause she'll chew on anything! Noelle just wants to be held, and cries when you set her down.  Hard stuff for me to juggle.
 After a night off Dallas coughing in our bed, and Noelle not sleeping, they both got breathing treatments this morning.  They both had little fevers, nothing big.  Dallas heart oftens feels like it is racing and will explode which is worrisome.  After nap I called in to talk to the nurse, I was unsure how far I should keep self diagnosing.  When we went in at 4:30, Dallas had a fever of 103.8, Noelle 101.  And we coughed everyone out of the waiting room, Sorry.  The rundown.

Chest x-ray and blood draw for Dallas
Blood draw for Noelle
Sweet Emily was so good, and read books to use while we waited

Dallas had elevated white blood cell counts, ended up with antibiotic, prednisone, more breathing treatments (no pneumonia, perhaps bronchitis)
Noelle has an ear infection, she gets antibiotic, prednisone if the wheezing doesn't go away with the breathing treatments.  Combine this with a good measure of alternating motrin and tylenol I might need a chart to keep this straight.   Dallas pulse-oxygen was low enough he gets to go for a recheck tomorrow morning too. 
We would like prayer that our little people recover and heal, and that sweet Noelle doesn't follow Dallas health footsteps (he had his first ear infection @ 6 months).

No comments: