Friday, June 3, 2011

My birthday

I am way behind in posting, so I will take you back to May 17th.  I had a great birthday.  I was delivered breakfast in bed by my loves, then Dallas ate most of my toaster strudel.  I am happy to share. 

I dropped the two older kids off at playgroup for an hour, Noelle and I ran some quick errands.  We were invited out to my dear friend Katie's house for lunch.  She made me delicious tuna salad, and the kids bounced on the trampoline.  Rob left work a little early too. He took us to Des Moines, dropped the kids off at Aunt Lynne's (thanks for sitting) and he took me shopping!  That is the best part of the gift.  We don't necessarily enjoy shopping with each other.  He was super patient, he called ahead to the store and they had wine chilling for me and beers for him.  I got to try on jeans to my hearts content and he got to help-watch, in the comfort of a chair!  It was perfect!  Then I requested Mexican for dinner (one of my favorites, not Rob's).  We picked up the kids and made our way back to Ames.  Rob had also gotten me an apple pie from Dutch Oven Bakery.  It was late when we got home, and I was stuffed.  We celebrate with the pie on Wednesday.  It was so good, I even ate the last piece out of the tin.  Thanks for all the birthday wishes, and to Rob for making the day special.  Thanks also to Gpa Dallas for the special birthday spending money!
Our birthday drinks

No comments: