Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Robert's Birthday

I am behind blogging. My interest is waining at the moment. Last Friday it was Rob's birthday. Thanks for all that remembered his (and mine). It is nice to get a call or a card. Emily and I baked cookies for his birthday sweets. I borrowed car shaped cookie cutters from a friend and we got to work. It wasn't my best effort. Making black icing is messy. I had to clean up the cookies so Rob wouldn't see them when he came home from work Thursday, alas the final touches were not set, and everything became swirled and smeared.

Friday we headed out get a sushi lunch for Rob, and I wanted the kids to pick out a gift or two for him to open. I guess I am getting him a "new" Chevelle this year. Friday evening the main Birthday event. We went to see Cars 2 in Newton at the Drive IN!!! While it is a fun event in itself, it is harder to watch a movie and keep track of three kids that would have been asleep if we had been home. Part two of his birthday was going to Cars 2 movie again, in Ames, in a movie theater on Sunday.

Happy Birthday Robert

No comments: