Thursday, November 17, 2011

randoms for the week

Noelle and I have split two avocados already this week.  They were finally a reasonable price at the store, we eat them with a spoon right out of natures container.  Nobody else really cares for them, and I am fine with that, I don't have to share.

All three kids did take down two large cucumbers the other night.  I make this recipe about once a month, and cucumber adds crunch to the lettuce wraps, we leave off the mint.  Emily and Noelle love the meatballs.  I sliced up one cucumber for a little pre-dinner snack and it was gone in 3 minutes.

A house a block away had a big fire last night.  Weirdly Rob and I slept through it all, it started burning at 11:00 pm.  It is the talk of the neighborhood today.  The couple and their dog are safe, but could probably use some prayer, and a new house. 

Noelle is busy crawling around and around the house.  I think if finally have taught her not to use the dog water bowl as a bath tub.  I bet poor Bo has been parched lately.

Dallas has kept his cute little lightn McQueen underware dry all morning.  His is hitting 5 for 5 today, the downside is lots of Dora has been watched, a little too much tv for my taste, but he is very motivated by Dora?  eta: he stayed accident free all day!

Emily earned a Christmas themed piano book at piano lessons.  She has mastered piano and forte, knows all the key notes and how to write a quarter note differently if it is played with a right or left hand.  We are working on "Up on the Rooftop". 

Still looking for a piano.

Noelle decided it was time for me to scrub the kitchen floor, she empted a box of baking soda everywhere.
Rob has been really busy since we have gotten back from our little vacation.  He is working so hard for us, I love him for that.  He has some big things on the horizon!

No comments: