Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 1 PT boot camp

Emily went twice in the potty today, is that a success? We'll call it one for motivation purposes. I can read all the signs and know when she is ready to pee, its all about convincing her to sit there, and release. I either need better incentives or a different tact. She loves wearing her underwear and looks super cute in them. I just sent Robert out for some vinyl undi covers, in hopes of reducing cleanup (seems I can't stand carpet cleaner smell right now!)

The pros are Emily can hold it really well, she only seems to go every 2 hours or more, we only used two diapers today, nap and night-time
The cons, she doesn't seem to like it very much, regardless of all the potty party business, singing and dancing I did to make it "cool"

I am giving it my all again tomorrow. Friday I have a Dr. appt in the AM, plus a couple of other errands I could show up for, Sat. we are taking her to the ISU game, so if we don't see improvement tomorrow, I think we might take the weekend off and try again later.

2 comments:

Shirlee said...

I think that is a success - way to go! Try stickers on a chart? She seems to like things like that. Grandma Shirlee

call me Laura said...

We are doing a sticker chart too, I got a Dora chart and stickers from Pampers.com. I think we will let her pick a toy or take her for ice cream when it is complete. I don't know if she can really put the two together...