Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Brrrrr, are you feeling cold yet!


I think it is cold, and I love it! As most of you know our air conditioner died in Oct 08', it was a good 37 years old. It was perfect timing too! Since we do Dave Ramsey's plan we could have called it an emergency and bought a new one with our funds, but Oct in Iowa doesn't really necessitate an air conditioner. We saved up this winter and picked Converse Conditioned Air to purchase and install our new unit. We were hoping to wait until the second story construction was done on the house, but I was getting hot, and Happy wife, Happy life, right? Let me plug Converse for a moment. They are awesome. They were competitively priced, very fast (if you have no air you are at the top of the list), and very clean (they put drop clothes down throughout the house where they had to walk). It took most of the day to install, a good chunk of that was spent at the shop fabricating new sheet metal. Jim Converse is our neighbor (I think he is the father of the owner), he even made a Sat. night house call after I called him with a question about the water heater gas. I am nervous about gas lines, except for the grill, and Robert was in Arizona! It was a great experience, and I love the cold air. I can't wait to see the improvment in the hot summer months and in our energy bill!

No comments: