Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tuesday we made it out of the house to pay a visit to Dallas's ENT. Yes I took three kids to the Dr's by myself, but thank goodness Rob met us there from work. I don't know what it is about the ENT, but each time we get called back to the patient room promptly, and then wait at least 45 minutes. Needless to say, it takes at least two parents to feed a newborn, read to a four year old and keep the 21 month year old from opening up each door and drawer and raising and lowering each stool!
My mom came up Tuesday afternoon and stayed through Thursday afternoon. So nice, I slept or tried to each afternoon. She helped me take the kids to Play Pals this morning. It was nice to blow off some steam in a mosquito free environment. After nap we headed to get some pictures taken, it was kind of a bust, but I guess that saves me some money in the long run.

Things are going pretty well. I have my first full day by myself tomorrow. The mornings are the long part. In our pre-Noelle sched. we went to the gym almost everyday or had a playdate or Bible study, so just staying home seems to make the morning drag by. I would love to spend some time outside but the bugs are so bad, even the spray doesn't keep us from getting bitten, and I can't imagine putting chemicals on Noelle so young.
Dallas is really taking up a lot of my attention. He seems to be having a hard time adjusting, and or he just entered the terrible twos on Saturday. He wants to be held all the time, and or throwing fits, or hitting or screaming no, or screaming owie. His new trick is pulling on my arm saying "stand up" then when I get up he asks to be held, and not rocked or cuddled while sitting down, he only wants to be held while standing... lets pray for this stage not to last the next year, and for me to not have too much mommy guilt bringing home this new little one

1 comment:

Beth said...

I have a mosquito net that goes over a stroller or bouncy seat or whatever if you want to borrow it. I'll drop it by.