Wednesday, February 2, 2011

fun times at Urgent Care

We called in a case of pink eye yesterday. Luckily they let me self diagnose, and we had drops for Emily by noon. Fast forward to 5:30 pm today, Emily said she felt like something was in her ear. She wanted me to clean out the "corn" that must be in there. Five to ten minutes later she was in hysterics, crying because it hurt. I call to see if we could get in to the ped urgent care before it closes. "can you get here by 6:15, yes" Somewhere along the line I notice that Dallas has blood in his hair. In our hast getting ready Dallas must have fallen, and he has a good size gash in his head. I know he fell a couple of times in the kitchen hallway, but after those he was complaining about his toes hurting? He never showed me his head or said that it hurt, I hate when I miss these things, makes me feel like a bad mommy. Robert walked in the door just in time. I wanted his opinion, I didn't think it was too bad, but he thought it should be looked at. That means instead of taking one kid to the Dr, we all go.



Emily has an ear infection. Apparently about 10% of the time, a pink eye infection becomes an ear infection. The plus side to this is the antibiotic for the ear tops trumps the eye drops, so we don't have to have that fight. Downside is the new antibiotic is $37 more than the drops were. And Robert was right, Dallas had a pretty deep, 1/4" hole. The Dr. recommended a couple staples.
Noelle had a nice time hanging out with us, she seemed healthy and happy.

Dallas with a bandage, it is holding a cotton ball onto his head to numb his cut. The stuff must work well, he didn't flinch when the first staple went in, and just said ouch the the next ones. Hope it goes as smoothly to get them pulled out on Monday. I think we lucked out because normally they make you go to the emergency room for things like this, guess they took pity on us!

No comments: