Tuesday, June 29, 2010

jinx

Boy did I jinx myself with the last post...
Early Sat. morning, after a fun filled day at Adventureland (post to come) the little man starts wailing. About 2:00 am, I go in a check on him, he is wicked hot to the touch, I get to use my new temporal thermometer (why I didn't by one of those years ago!) His temp was 103.4F. I give him the max. dosage of Motrin and his paci. Yes I gave his paci back. He looked so miserable and I imagine had a heck of a headache with that temp, I figure he could use some comfort. We continue to check on him every couple hours, keeping him jazzed up on Motrin, for two days he ran a temperature between 99F and 103 F. All along he has no other really symptoms besides being a little extra cranky and clingy, and wouldn't you be! We keep checking his ears, they have certainly looked worse; ie. more red, and he hasn't had an ear infection.
Sunday evening we are having a popcorn and cheese dinner, and Rob instantly gets super nauseous. He is full out sick within the hour, unable to leave the bathroom or the bed. I feel decent, my plan was to make some food for a BBQ we were invited to on Monday and some muffins for the morning. I get all my stuff done and enjoy the quite house, and go to bed (in the guest room, I don't want those germs!) By 4:00 am I am in the same state as Rob!

This is my third bout with this flu/sickness during this pregnancy. It worries me to get so dehydrated while pregnant, what can you do when you can't keep down any liquids. After sleep most of Monday we are tons better, kids seem to not be affected!

Anyway today was the day of taking the paci's back. Let me say it has not been as easy as the first time around. 20 minutes of screaming at naptime, followed by 30 minutes at betime. I know it is all my fault, all that mommy guilt!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I hope everyone is feeling better. Was it something you ate?