Thursday, June 24, 2010

Paci's, stinkee's and manners...

A lot has been developing in Dallas's little world. He had his 18 month well visit last week. He has gained some length, and is now in the 70% for height, remaining in the 50% for weight and head circumference.

He barely passed all the hearing tests they administered. It figures that the first time he doesn't have fluid, infected or not, in his ears is his well visit. He had more than enough words that he says well enough that we are not too concerned with his hearing affecting his speech. I think it is hard for Rob and I to discern "normal", I think Emily had really great speech development, and said most things correctly without a lot of baby talk. I asked the Dr. his opinion about moving Dallas into Em's room, taking his paci, and moving him to a different bed, as we need to free up the crib at some point.



On Monday, I put him to nap without his pacifier and he went right to sleep. I was amazed! That night we tried to put him to bed without it, he was doing fine, then we had the commotion with the "lost kid" I think he heard us downstairs and got a little worked up. Since then he has been doing great. The hard part is waking up, he misses it most, and then wails until we appear in the doorway.



Another new development in the last couple of weeks has been in the bathroom department. Dallas will indicate that he has just gone poop. He comes up and says stinky, and points to his diaper. I don't think he is ready for potty training, and really had not desire to start that before the baby came, but I know he is starting to put things together. When he tells me before hand, I think I will need to act.



He has also become a very polite little boy. He will say/sign thank you and please, and has really slowed down his tossing of the food off his high chair.

No comments: