Wednesday, June 2, 2010

welcome home

We were welcomed home by one kid, one toddler, on happy dog, and because the house didn't want to be left out of things, the water heater decided to blow up and spray rusty water on three out of the four basement walls and stuff. Nothing says welcome home like cleaning rust water off stuff (Rob) and washing dishes by hand with water heated by the stove (Laura). We are very thankful we had people here to handle it, I can't imagine the mess it would have been if the water had not been shut off, also that I was not standing in front of it. You can often find me between the water heater and the washing machine daily during nap time. I am glad I don't know what it feels like to have a valve explode and then be sprayed with scalding water!

Thanks to all of our sitters! Everything was handled perfectly. Now I wait for the inspector to come approve that the plumber light the pilot light properly. I will soon get to back-blogging about our time away. But now, I have a vacation hangover...

No comments: